At de Poel, we want to make sure that you get the best possible experience from our website. We understand that the ‘web’ doesn’t come naturally to everyone so that’s why we work tirelessly to make sure that our website is available to and accessible for everyone.
Here are just a few things that we have been working on to make this site easier for you but, of course, if you have any problems or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Content and links
- The smallest font size on this website (with the exception of the footer content) is 16 pixels.
- Page headings and titles are clearly defined and content is presented in a meaningful order.
- The website can be re-sized up to 200% on desktop computers and is still functional.
- All images have alt tags and/or an accompanying description.
- Text in images is for decoration only. Where it is important, a text alternative has been provided.
- Abbreviations are always explained in full when first used in the content on the website.
- All text links are descriptive or the purpose of the link is made clear in the context it is used.
- Text link styles are consistent throughout the website. These are dark blue and underlined like this example: text link example.
- External links are indicated with an icon like this example: external link example.
Images and video content
- Wherever possible, all images have an “alt” attribute assigned to them, which is shown if images are disabled on a page.
- If images are switched off or not supported, the content can still be easily understood.
- All videos on this website are hosted on YouTube. They all have captions (subtitles) enabled if they include spoken words.
- Form fields are clearly labelled.
- Form fields are checked for any errors by default before the form is submitted.
- Any errors are clearly described and marked on the form.
- Forms can be navigated using the Tab key on your keyword. The form can be submitted by using the Return key.
Mobile and internet browser compatibility
- The website is mobile friendly and works across mobile and tablet devices.
- The navigation is reduced into two single menus – one menu for the business areas (e.g. de Poel, Community etc) and one for the company information.
- The page layout and content responds to different device sizes to make content as accessible as possible.
- This website works in the latest versions of all website browsers. In addition, it has been checked and is functional in Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 and 10.
Our accessibility policy has been produced using the following sources as reference points:
- W3C Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- W3C Mobile Web Best Practices